Also to do were these matching pajama pants. I had a pattern that called for 1 5/8 yd for a child size 3. I thought that was a lot and when I pulled out the pattern... wow, it was like for a size 3 elephant. So I used some existing pants as a pattern, and got two pairs out of a yard and a half of fabric.
I was rushing to finish this Christmas dress and totally took shortcuts on the zipper. This is why I am not taking pictures of the back of the dress :). I chopped it too short and ended up having to use my lining to add an extra band at the bottom. It worked out ok. The munchkin looked so pretty in it.