Ok, I know I’m a young’un. And I was 6 months younger in this picture.
I love my birthday! It is my favorite day of the year. Today is a little different because Mike is out of town and we’re putting off celebrations until after the baby’s birthday (Friday!) and my brother gets back from his mission a few days after that. Poor kid has missed out on a few family related things these past two years and I thought he might enjoy a birthday party :)
This morning I did get to open a few presents, which turned out to be some vintage Pyrex.
My china cabinet is getting full of those!! But, I still have room ;) The munchkin gave me a manicure and pedicure, so if you are wondering what’s going on with my nails, now you now. The other hand is a sparkly purple.
And this afternoon I went clothes shopping- thank goodness the baby fell asleep in the cart, or it would have been less than productive!
So, instead of sharing a project today, I’m going to let you know a little bit about ME!!!
1. My favorite snack is Pop Secret Homestyle Popcorn. It has to be Homestyle, and it has to be Pop Secret.
2. My favorite movie is The Count of Monte Christo, although I do know You’ve Got Mail down to every single line and facial expression.
3. My favorite book(s) are the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. No, I was never in any medieval clubs or anything… they are just good books. I’ve read all 13 books 3 times. #14 comes out next year. Thank you, Kirsten, for getting me hooked.
4. Cashew is, in my opinion, the most awkward word in the English language. Go ahead, say it out loud.
5. I would have a broccoli salad for every meal, every day. With a couple drops of Gas-X. :)
6. I hate plucking my eyebrows and will only do it if absolutely necessary.
7. I’m petrified of playing the piano in public, but I’ll sing for you with only a seconds notice.
8. I enjoy public speaking. Not that I’m any good, but I like it.
9. I love doing crossword puzzles, but can’t finish any past the Wednesday level of the NYTimes. It is because I don’t care about pop culture!
10. My two front teeth are total fakes. My we-got-a-bonus-so-I-got-new-teeth smile, and one was covered by insurance… let’s just say I smile a lot more now :)
That’s me in a nutshell, aside for the other things you all have learned by reading my blog! Thanks for reading, by the way. It makes every day a little more fun for me :) You’re the best.
Off to Costa Vida for dinner with my mom! Yumma yumma!