I am so excited to be part of Indygo Junction’s Book Tour! We all know that embellishments are what take something good and make it something great. This book has 25 DIY fabric flower projects that will give something an extra oomph!
For my stop on the tour, I chose to make the Bias Bloom! A great scrap-busting project.
What I liked best about this flower was how it was constructed. At first when I read it needed lots of interfacing, I sort of wrinkled my nose at it. But wow, once I put everything together like it said, I understood why… this flower is not some flimsy, floppy thing, it is sturdy, holds its shape beautifully, and feels so great. Definitely high-end boutique quality. It is probably 1/8” thick! I loved how the soft fabric yo-yo was in between the sturdy petals and flower for a little extra something.
I do think the petals were my favorite; the book includes a template for the flower and leaves, and they are perfectly shaped to accommodate a clip or pin on the back of the leaf. They thought of everything!
How would you like to win a book plus the yo-yo makers needed to complete this Bias Bloom look? Leave a comment, and if your e-mail is not attached to your comment, you cannot win. So make sure I have a way of contacting you!
Giveaway ends on Monday, February 25th 11:59 PST.
But no one is going home empty handed! Use code FFBK14 for 20% off your next order at Indygo Junction.
See a flower a day & 25 chances to win! Don’t miss a stop on Indygo Junction’s Fabric Flowers Blog Tour:
- 2/2/13 - Indygo Junction Kick Off Post - http://www.indygojunction.com/blog
- 2/4/13 - Kollabora - http://kollabora.com/blog
- 2/5/13 - CraftFoxes - http://www.craftfoxes.com/blog
- 2/6/13 - Sewing Secrets - http://coatsandclarksewingsecrets.com/
- 2/7/13 - Princess Lasertron - http://princesslasertron.com/
- 2/8/13 - Dollar Store Crafts - http://dollarstorecrafts.com/
- 2/11/13 - Tatertots & Jello - http://tatertotsandjello.com/
- 2/12/13 - Family Ever After - http://www.familyeverafterblog.com/
- 2/13/13 - This Mama Makes Stuff - http://thismamamakesstuff.com/
- 2/14/13 - Amy's Creative Side - http://amyscreativeside.com/blog/
- 2/15/13 - Today's Creative Blog - http://todayscreativeblog.net
- 2/18/13 - Lazy Girl Designs - http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/blog/
- 2/19/13 - Skip to My Lou - http://www.skiptomylou.org/
- 2/20/13 - The Sewing Loft - http://thesewingloftblog.com/
- 2/21/13 - The Crafty Cupboard - http://craftycupboard.blogspot.com/ <------ That’s me today!
- 2/22/13 - Fishsticks Designs - http://fishsticksdesigns.com/blog/
- 2/25/13 - Taradara - http://taradaramadeit.com/
- 2/26/13 - Diary of a Quilter - http://www.diaryofaquilter.com/
- 2/27/13 - Craft Gossip - http://quilting.craftgossip.com/
- 2/28/13 - How Joyful - http://www.howjoyful.com/
- 3/1/13 - Lindsay Sews - http://www.lindsaysews.com/
- 3/4/13 - Flamingo Toes - http://www.flamingotoes.com/
- 3/5/13 - In Color Order - http://www.incolororder.com/
- 3/6/13 - See Kate Sew - http://seekatesew.blogspot.com/
- 3/7/13 - Handmade Charlotte - http://www.handmadecharlotte.com/
- 3/8/13 - Sew Caroline - http://www.sewcaroline.com/
- 3/9/13 - Indygo Junction Wrap Up Post, Bonus Giveaway & Free Flower Project - http://www.indygojunction.com/blog
And don’t forget to enter the giveaway! Just leave a comment with a form of contacting you!